Condo insurance terms you need to know

Condo owners in the Willoughby, OH metroplex work hard to make sure their space feels like home. At The Merhar Agency LLC, it’s our pleasure to help insure our clients with the right policy. Understandably, there are terms you should become familiar with to understand how your property is protected. 

Condo Insurance Terms

Condo insurance is similar to home insurance because it covers your personal property, liability, and certain types of structural damage to your condo. It differs from home insurance in that it does not cover the structure of the building itself. These are typically covered by the condo association’s master policy. When you purchase a condo policy, you are purchasing coverage for damages not already provided by the association’s master policy.

  • Dwelling coverage- Covers the cost of replacing structures like flooring if it’s damaged or destroyed due to an expected event.
  • Temporary living expenses or loss of use- Helps pay for somewhere else to live should your condo become unlivable after an event such as a fire or natural disaster.
  • Liability coverage- This is another term in condo insurance policies that protects you from being sued for accidental bodily injury or property damage caused by you, your family members, or pets in or around the condo.
  • Personal property- If you have items inside your condo, like electronics or furniture, that were damaged, this part of the policy can help cover the replacement costs.

Find Out More About Condo Insurance

The Merhar Agency LLC in Willoughby, OH is always ready to help other clients with insuring what matters most to them. Do you need to get an estimate on condo insurance? Please feel free to get in touch with us to get a free quote or if you have any questions.